Saturday 10 October 2009

若你碰到他

Bought this recent release couple of weeks back together with another album 陶喆 - 69樂章, 2 of my favourite artistes.

But i find myself really drawn and listening to 若你碰到他 by 蔡健雅 more often. Not to say the other album by 陶喆 is no good cos he is definitely one of the most creative singers of our time. But i suppose this time round 健雅 really got to me with that mellow feel to her songs. Can't really put my finger down but its a little something here and there that portrays a sense of lost and found in the midst of a crowd of people. As if searching for something that is calling out to us which is so near yet unidentifiable.

Like what my pa used to tell me when i was a kid, "A picture speaks a thousand words." Look at the album cover and it seems to say it all. 健雅 in the midst of a crowd blurred out to the background which appears to be a train junction of sorts where tons of people pass through day and night. And there she is, appearing to have heard something or someone calling out to her and yet not knowing which direction it came from. Marvellous isn't it? Listen to it, it is that lovely and well worth listening to =)

No comments: