Tuesday 20 January 2009

Back to NYK Shift

It's back to NYK Shift today and it will be so for the next 2 months. Sort of looking forward to it after working in Pacific hours where i usually worked about 12 to 15 hrs a day most of the time. Somehow in NYK shift, the hours are shorter and i get to wear causually to office. Meantime, i'm still trying to recover from my bad dose of sniffles.

Started on Amber and Blood (Volume 3 of The Dark Disicple) by Margaret Weis. Just a little background, she and Tracy Hickman started the all time bestselling series DragonLance Chroniclces which is one of my favourite reads.

Just before the story starts, there is usually a few pages for acknowledgements and dedications. To my pleasant surprise, there was a page dedicated to The Five Remembrances of Buddha:

1) I am of the nature to grow old. There is no way to escape growing old.

2) I am of nature to have ill health. There is no way to escape ill health.

3) I am of nature to die. There is no way to escape death.

4) All that is dear to me and everyone I love are of nature to change. There is no way to escape being separated from them.

5) My actions are my only true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground upon which I stand.

Sadhu, sadhu, sadhu. =)

No comments: